How do we protect your personal information?
We understand how important security and privacy are to you. Here are just a few of the steps we take to protect your personal information:
- Computer virus protection helps to detect and prevent computer viruses from entering our computer network systems.
- Firewalls help to block unauthorized access by individuals or networks.
- Secure data transmissions help to ensure that information remains confidential. We use 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to transmit information to you and your bank.
What can you do to protect your personal information?
You play a very important role in protecting your information. Here are some tips to help keep your personal information protected.
- Regular email is not secure. Don't use email to send confidential account information.
- We recommend that you use a recent version of either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator/Communicator to access our website. These browsers support the latest encryption and will help to ensure that your connection to us is secure.
- Choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess. Don't use personal information such as your birth date, address or pet's name as a password. Keep your passwords for each account unique, and don't write your passwords down in a place where others could find them.
- Use antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer. Keep your operating system up to date and install the latest security patches. See the links below for more information on protecting your PC.
- Remember that we will never ask for personal information such as passwords and account numbers through email.
- Stay alert! If you notice anything suspicious, please contact us immediately.
- Check your credit report at least once a year to make sure there is no unauthorized activity. See below for information on obtaining a free credit report.
Want to learn more?
Here are some links to learn more about protecting your personal information and preventing identity theft: